Pages

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

6th Grade Fall "Pointillism" Trees

Sticking to themes, when the Kindergarteners and 1st Grade started their Windy Day Trees, and the 5th their Collaborative Tree, the 6th Graders started this project. While this Wisconsin weather was still nice, I took each class outside to sketch trees and observe how they are structured. At McDill, this was amazing because I have a courtyard through a door in my art room with picnic tables for students to sit at and draw. My other schools we just made use of our school grounds. The next time they came to art, I introduced Pointillism and George Seurat, whom happens to be one of my favorite artists. And while this project was not exactly Pointillism, it was a great way to expose them to art history and another form of painting. I was inspired by this pinterest post.

I was pretty impressed with students that put an individual twist on this and the variety ways they were drawn. No two were alike!

McDill Elementary...







 Kennedy Elementary...



Really didn't want to hang work there because of the custodial equipment, but I'm running out of space!




 Jefferson Elementary...






This student REALLY loves dragons....

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I love this project! Were they able to paint the trunk and the leaves in the same session? Or did they have to dry in between?

    ReplyDelete