Pages

Saturday, September 26, 2015

Adaptive Art: Finger Painted Self-Portraits

Part of my position in my new school district is teaching an Adaptive Art class at the high school. I see six students with varied abilities every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for 45 minutes. While I have had a lot of experience in working with students with disabilities in my last district, never an Adaptive Art class. Needless to say I was nervous, but now I am finally settling in to working with them and finding projects and activities that meet their sensory and developmental needs.

One of the first things we did so I could get to know them, their abilities, and sensory stimulation was finger-painting self-portraits. It was so much fun! And one of my favorite things about this small group is that I sit and do the projects with them...


Stay tuned for more experiences with this amazing group of students!

No comments:

Post a Comment