Tuesday, March 17, 2015

YAM Bags!

The last bit of YAM celebrations to share with you may be the best! 

The paper bags I did at the holidays with the local grocery store was such a success that I talked to the K-12 Art team about doing them for YAM. Only half agreed to do it but it was well worth it! I worked everything out with TWO grocery stores this time and made all the arrangements. I picked up and dropped off the bags at different schools and then picked up, labeled, and returned a lot of them. I didn't get to see the second junior high school's bags as they labeled and dropped them off on their own but I'm sure they were incredible. Hopefully our Senior High will participate next year!

I talked to one of the managers at one of the grocery stores and he said they even displayed some of the bags and are using a lot of them for the food pantry donations :) Wish I would have gotten there to take a picture when they were up! He said they are for sure in for doing it again at the end of the year and whenever we want to do them in the future!

Here is the label that was on the bags with a QR code that links to Elliot Eisner's Ten Lessons the Arts Teach...


PJ Jacobs Junior High (7th-9th)...




Bannach and Plover Whiting Elementary Students...


My students at McDill and Jefferson (K-6th)...









Labeled, bundled, and ready to be delivered!
(Plus another +/- 400 from the other Junior High not pictured!)


No comments:

Post a Comment